Is your browser configuration rare or unique? If so, web sites may be able to track you, even if you limit or disable cookies.
Panopticlick tests your browser to see how unique it is based on the information it will share with sites it visits. Click below and you will be given a uniqueness score, letting you see how easily identifiable you might be as you surf the web.
- Thinks that “Igon Values” exist (he means “eigenvalue”, but he doesn’t know it) .
- More generally, he tends to misuse and misdefine technical terms – e.g., “homology” , “sagittal plane” , and “power law” .
- He has also famously discussed Paul Ekman and the science of being able to determine whether someone is lying by looking at snapshots of their face – this is a major part of the book Blink. Unfortunately, it all seems to be false .
- That 10,000 hours of practice will turn you into a genius on the order of Mozart or Michael Jordan .
- More generally, Gladwell’s methodology seems to be to oversimplify problems until he can wrap them up with a tidy, attractive-sounding, and pseudo-scientific explanation .
- It’s also not true “that cognitive skills don’t predict a teacher’s effectiveness, that intelligence scores are poorly related to job performance or (the major claim in “Outliers”) that above a minimum I.Q. of 120, higher intelligence does not bring greater intellectual achievements.”