- Short, imagined monologues: I’m Comic Sans, asshole
- You’re a Comic Sans Criminal, but we’re here to help you
- Indie iPhone Holiday Sale
- Metacritic: 2010 Music Critic Top Ten Lists
- pick a jewel by fift
- wikipedia: kopi luwak
- who’s stuck at work today?
I am… in the worst job ever! My boss is the biggest asshole I have ever met, so I’ve decided to kill him
with kindness, and just be extra nice to him all the time. Even when he tries to sneak a peak at my junk
mail folder, to try to bust me I don’t get mad. This worked well, until he coerced me into blowing him
up some Word docs for an upcoming meeting. I discovered he was stealing my ideas then fingering me
as the weakest link in our branch. My coworker felt so sorry for me, she started giving me a hand job
hunting on craigslist during her lunch break. Sometimes I feel lucky that none of this happened to me
while I was sick. Otherwise I’d be in a REAL mess right now.
Short version of the story:
- Cop catches 15 year old kid smoking at a bus stop in LA.
- Cop beats up kid, slams his head into the bus and uses pepper spray.
- More cops arrive. Kid is released without charge.
- During the incident, several bystanders start recording videos of what the cop is doing.
- Cops pick Jeremy Marks, a 17 year old student, and arrest him at gunpoint (destroying the evidence on his phone in the process).
- Since photographing police is still legal in California, they charge him instead with “attempted lynching of a police officer”.
- The prosecutor makes an offer: plead guilty and he’ll only serve seven years. He declines.
- Jeremy is thrown in jail, bail is set at an extortionate amount his family can’t afford.
- He sits in jail for seven months awaiting trial.
- I hear about the case on Reddit and provide the collateral to get Jeremy out of jail and back to his family for christmas.