Please let that be the end of the four-chord song.
So. Last day of school today.
Everything that can be said about our grade and us becoming seniors next year have all been stated on others’ blogs (go see our blogroll). All in all, you’ve been an awesome grade.
I’m not really sure I want the holidays anymore.
For the past week, Mum has been making me do chores instead of my usual gaming/anime/manga time. I have a responsibility to contribute to housework, etc. but the amount of chores seems to be increasing and increasing. And she yells at me for not asking whether she needs any help. I know myself well enough to know that I’m not going to ask to do more housework over going on the computer or playing fruit ninja.
Another thing is that I won’t be able to see you all. I ask to go see Tron, and she tells me off for ‘going out/playing all the time’. The last time I went out with friends was last holidays. I am quite possibly the most antisocial and reclusive person in my grade. Shouldn’t my parents be encouraging me to go out there and socialise and hang out with friends?
Oh. I forgot. I need to stay home and babysit my siblings. For some reason Mum is working more, so less chance of me getting to go anywhere (Dad works all the time anyway). So no beach trip for me. :( Trust me, I definitely want to go. I don’t particularly enjoy being at home all the time.
And the worst thing about this is that there is no one to blame. I can’t blame myself (although my more-than-slightly disappointing report may have influence…), I can’t blame my siblings and I can’t blame my parents because Mum doesn’t choose her schedule.
So I’m going to be pretty lonely this holidays. And pissed off.
That’s enough angst and teenage whining to fill up my year’s quota. Have a survey (stolen off Carmen’s blog).
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
I don’t think much in the mornings.
2. How much cash do you have on you?
A couple of dollars.
3. What’s a word that rhymes with “DOOR?”
4. Favorite planet?
Maybe some faraway one that’s yet to be discovered. Although paraphrasing Carmen, Earth’s pretty cool.
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
Don’t have a fourth person.
6. What is your favorite ring on your phone?
My phone is pretty much unused, so no idea. I’m not sure what my current (default) ringtone is. I think it’s a ringing sound.
7. What shirt are you wearing?
A pyjama dress.
8. Do you “label” yourself?
Yeah. Ends up being self-deprecating humour most of the time.
9. Name the brand of your shoes you’re currently wearing?
10. Bright or Dark Room?
I’m taking this to mean my bedroom when I’m sleeping. Dark.
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
Carmen – cooley-dooley.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
I was in bed, I think.
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
A voicemail message saying I had a missed call from my dad.
15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
The one near the school, I guess.
16. What’s a word that you say a lot?
17.Who told you he/she loved you last?
Who meant it? Victor.
18. Last furry thing you touched?
Um probably my dog.
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
More like ‘much’. I think there might have been some Chinese herbal anti-cold tablets, and definitely caffeine from chocolate and coke.
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?
None, but there’s some random rolls in the key drawer which haven’t seen the light of day.
21. Favorite age you have been so far?
Life’s been pretty good so far, but I miss being young and carefree. Five or six?
22. Your worst enemy?
My mind. – Yeah what Carmen said.
23. What is your current desktop picture?
A picture of the main and supporting characters in Slamdunk in chibi form.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
I think I said something along the lines of “please read my report carefully before you yell at me.”
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
Ability to fly. I can always earn myself a million bucks xD
26. Do you like someone?
I mean no. I’m actually an extremely antisocial emo who also hates the world like the older brother in Little Miss Sunshine.
27. The last song you listened to?
28. Is your second toe on your right foot longer than your first?
I think they’re the same length.
29. Do you have a favorite type of pen?
I don’t really have one, because I normally use kilometrico.
30. Have you ever had a black and white cat?
31. Do you know of any twins with rhyming names?
32. Do you like Cinnamon toothpaste?
Is that a brand or the flavour of it? (That’s a no.)
33. What kind of car were you driving 2 years ago?
A 1947 Studebaker.
34. Closest thing to you that is yellow:
The yellow plastic Ethernet cable protector.
35. Last person to give you a business card?
My dentist – it had my appointment time on it.
36. Who is the last person you wrote a check to?
A cheque, did you say? I’ve never written a cheque.
37. Closest framed picture to you?
A picture of Victor and me.
38. Last time you had someone cook for you?
My mum – breakfast/dinner.
39. Have you ever applied for welfare?
Yeah, pension. I’m too wrinkly to work :P
40. How many emails do you have?
I can’t be bothered to count. Less than a hundred, I’m guessing.
41. Last time you received flowers/flower?
I think it was one or two years ago when I was doing a Rural Youth kindy farm tour and a sweet girl gave me a handful of picked clover.
42. Do you think the sanctity of marriage is meant for only a man & woman?
Let me check what sanctity means.
Holiness, eh? Well whatever your religion has to say about it. I care more about the legal definition.
43. What are you listening to right now?
Some build-from-scratch-and-race-the-result show that my sister is watching for some reason.
44. Do you play air guitar?
Nope, but I’ve heard the story of a girl selling one to a poor gullible sod on eBay for a couple thousand bucks.
45. Do you have any Willow Tree figurines?
46. Who is the last person you talked to from high school?
Ben-chan I think. No wait Ragu.
47. Last time you used hand sanitizer?
48. Would you like to learn to play the drums?
If I had the ability to. But I can’t even beat one drum to a steady beat, so…
49. What is the last place you bought pizza from?
Probably a pizza single from the canteen many moons ago.
50. Have you ever worn a crown?
Hahaha those paper crowns in christmas crackers/bonbons
Yeah that. Or those plastic tiaras I had when I was a wee little kiddo.
51. What is the last thing you stapled?
52. Did you ever drink clear Pepsi?
Please don’t tell me that’s a euphemism for water.
I just wiki-ed it. Some sort of short-lived soft drink.
53. Are you ticklish?
If you do it right.
54. Last time you saw fireworks?
Walking out of a buffet several weeks ago.
55. Last time you had a Krispy Kreme doughnut?
Never. And I think it’s going to close down or something? D:
56. Do you have any pickles in your fridge?
I don’t think so, but you never know what’s lurking there…
57. How long have they been there??
58. Who has the prettiest eyes that you know of?
Uh I dunno.
59. Do you have a little black dress?
Yeah. A size 14 one my uncle gave me for my sixth birthday.
60. When was the last time you cried?
Last week or something when my mum was driving me to school.
61. Have you ever faked sick?
62. What was the last lie you said?
63. Have you ever cried during a movie?
Yes. Rugrats: the movie. I was seven.
64. Who was the last person you couldn’t take your eyes off?
I’d like to think my eyeballs remain in my eye sockets.
Probably some random person I saw that looked fascinating.
65. Have you ever danced in the rain?
Nope. Can’t dance.
66. What’s the farthest you’ve ever gone on a dare?
Hahaha I’m one of those tame losers who don’t play truth or dare.
67. What is your full name?
Would you like to know my address and phone number while you’re at it?
68. What is your blood-type?
69. Have you ever been in a car accident?
70. What do you think of the last person that you liked?
I don’t think of them much, it was just a primary school crush.
71. What about the one before that?
72. Have you ever been rejected by a crush?
Well crushes are crushes for a reason. I was going to make a pun here but never mind.
Nope. It doesn’t really cross your mind to confess your feelings when you’re still a preteen.
73. Have you ever made a prank phone call?
74. What’s your favourite childhood memory?
I dunno. I don’t really reminisce all that much. If I still count this as my childhood, I’d say this year’s Gold Coast trip.
75. Is there anything that you have done that you regret?
Small things, yes.
76. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Even the answer ‘an adult’ seems clichéd here. I have no idea, and that’s what’s scaring me.
77. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Um no. That’s lust or interest.
78. Do you believe in karma?
79. Who was your first crush?
This guy in Year 2.
80. Who do you have a crush on?
Nobody, because I’m too old for that xD
81. Are you religious?
I think I’m agnostic or something. I’m too lazy to argue about the presence of God or not, and I like those principles by which Buddhists go by.
82. What does your screen name mean?
Weeellll…it’s something made up by Carmen. But apparently it’s a slang term for two things which are not suitable for a public blog like this.
83. What person do you trust the most?
Other than family, I’d say Victor.
84. What is the longest crush/relationship you have had?
I think it’s been almost nine months.
What a dodgy amount of time >.>
85. What is your greatest strength?
Um probably my bluntness. Which is also a double edged sword.
86. What is your greatest weakness?
My lack of conversational skills and extreme self-consciousness.
87. What is your first thought when waking up in the morning?
‘I just opened my eyes.’
88. What is your first thought before you go to bed?
89. Do you get along with your family?
Not that well, because I’m a really prickly person. I’m sorry.
90. Do you think you’re attractive?
No, because I’m taking attractive to mean ‘drawing attention – lookswise, charisma, etc.’.
91. Would you ever get a tattoo?
Nah, I’m too indecisive for that.
92. How many piercings do you have?
93. Who makes you laugh?
My siblings, my friends, anybody really.
94. If you could change anything about yourself, what would you change?
A stronger sense of drive to achieve things.
95. Would you ever lie to someone to make them feel good about themselves?
Depends. If there is a need, yes.
I would say that, but my innate bluntness and underdeveloped sympathy would probably mess it up.
96. What do you want your friends to think about you?
I’ll leave that up to them to decide.
97. Whats the biggest argument you’ve ever gotten into?
I dunno…I like mindless and trivial arguments better.
98. When’s your birthday?
99. Have you ever stolen anything?
Food from the pantry.
100. Do you make wishes on shooting stars?
If I saw a shooting star, maybe.
101. What’s the most you’ve ever eaten in one sitting?
So much I could barely walk
102. Do you remember your dreams?
I don’t really dream anymore.
103. Have you ever been in love?
Does the present count?
104. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Neither, but more night than morning.
105. Have you ever been to the hospital (other then birth?)
Yes, for asthma attacks when I was five or something and when I broke my collarbone, got a plate and had to come back for checkups and to remove it.
106. Do any medical problems run in your family?
Not that I know of. Low blood pressure?
107. Has anyone ever been disowned from your family?
Again, not that I know of. Sounds interesting.
108. Have you ever had a nightmare?
109. Do you say meaner things to your friends or your enemies?
Probably to my friends, but they know I don’t mean it…right? Also, I don’t really have an enemy.
110. Have you ever laughed so hard you peed in your pants?
111. Have you ever written a love letter?
112. Have you ever attempted suicide?
113. Do you prefer boxers or briefs?
I wear briefs, but boxers sound comfortable.
114. Have you ever been in a fistfight?
No, if I did I’d most likely run away.
115. Do you have any hidden talents?
116. What is one thing you want me to know about you?
Sorry, I don’t think you want to know my life story.
117. What is one question you wouldn’t want me to ask?
I dunno, an awkward one I guess?
118. Do you usually prefer books or movies?
119. Who is your favourite person to talk to?
-Myself- Any friend or someone close to me.
120. Who is always able to cheer you up when you’re sad?
I don’t really get sad, and no one around is usually able to cheer me up then.
121. Who do you talk to most on the phone?
I don’t talk to people on the phone… my parents?!
122. Do you have a secret that you’re ashamed of?
Not really, but maybe embarrassing things I’ve done as a kid or something.
123. Do you prefer British or American spelling of words?
124. Have you ever gotten detention?
Yes, but it was never the ones where you have to sit in your seat and do homework/nothing for an hour.
125. How do you vent your anger?
Rage, blog it or let it dissipate.
126. Have you ever been on a diet?
Yes. A diet is what you eat.
127. Would you ever date someone younger than you? Older than you?
Not older or younger by too much.
Ditto. But you never know.
128. What’s a rumor someone has spread about you?
Those rumours about me liking someone or someone liking me…nothing serious.
129. What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Apart from what my parents do, I can’t think of anything off the top of my head.
130. Have you ever been diagnosed with a mental illness?
Nope, but I’ve probably got one.
131. Have you ever cut yourself on purpose?
132. Have you ever wanted to murder someone?
When you’re really mad at someone, maybe as a fleeting thought.
133. Have you ever hated someone?
Again, maybe for a moment. But I prefer the indifferent approach.
134. Do you prefer talking on the phone or online?
Online, because talking on the phone is really awkward for me.
135. Do you consider yourself popular?
136. Would you ever tell the person you have a crush on that you like them?
If I had strong feelings for them, not just a crush, maybe.
137. Have you ever had a crush on an enemy?
I don’t have enemies. Not real ones anyway xD
138. Have you ever had a crush on a best friend?
139. Are you happy with the person you are becoming?
What, this indifferent, twisted, cynical individual? No.
140. Are you a different person now then you were 5 years ago?
Cell-wise, mostly. Personality-wise, yes.
141. What do you see yourself as being in 5 years from now?
142. Are you happy with the life you have?
We get forcefed that stuff about us being extremely lucky with adequate nutrition, water, shelter and sanitation and being in the top school in the state…but I’m happy.