I’ve just come back from my siblings’ school fete, and boy am I happy! Bought lots of stuff, and like school fetes should be, it was very cheap.
– 3 guesses at the lolly jar at 20c per guess = $0.60
– 5 handmade REALLY REALLY GORGEOUS scrapbook style cards = $5
– 1 baby sucking bottle sherbet thingo = $1.30
– 1 Garfield mug, with the older style drawing of him saying ‘diet is die..with a t’ = $0.50
– 1 game called Loot – it said Mensa on it, so instant attraction xD, but missing instructions = $2
– 2 silicone baking moulds, one bundt, one friands = $2
– 1 recipe magazine, 1 english school cert book, 1 ‘Joys of Cheesecake’ hardback book = $2
– total spent = $13.40
GAHAHAHA I feel accomplished/smug. And the mug and cheesecake book :3 I have a thing for vintage stuff – especially cars. Also, addition to my bakeware! Yayy!
And it’s a bit saddening comparing today’s fete (which happens once every two years at the school) to our school’s 50th anniversary fete last year. Our school’s was a lot more expensive and a lot less fun, although that may be because we are *teenagers* and wouldn’t be interested in that sort of thing, but seriously, today was awesome.
Except for that purple and white starry bag that cost $38. TT^TT
Victor’s quote corner, back from an unofficial hiatus because of my forgetfulness. Many apologies.
“The most dangerous strategy is to jump a chasm in two leaps” – Benjamin Disraeli
OH YEAH ALSO ALSO NARUTO AND BLEACH ARE BACK ON MANGAFOX!!
Edit: WAHHHH burnt my tongue eating too much sherbet ><“