was at parramatta yesterday, and i saw this on a guy’s t-shirt:
i thought it was quite funny.
on the same day, also in parramatta, i saw this written on another guy’s t-shirt:
“all true wisdom is found on t-shirts”
i couldn’t agree more.
although i do dislike shirts that have words that are just for marketing purposes, such as chain store t-shirts with princessy type mottos and supre-style shirts that have loud block letters that announce meaningless messages. brand names are okay though.
[i was going to post some examples, but it didn’t seem right… there was one that said “i s2 my boyfriend” and another that said “boys love girls”. seriously.]
i think i have quite moderate insomnia now. it used to be mild, but now worse. i hate it when you can’t sleep and your bed sheets are neither hot nor cold but not comfortable warm/cool and your sleeping position doesn’t feel right and your parents are watching tv loudly and you think there’s a mosquito in your room and you’re being paranoid and ARGH okay i’ll stop now. once it was about midnight and i was awake and annoyed as there was a hollow dripping sound. i thought it was a leaky tap dripping into the sink (it was that hollow thudding noise, you know?) and i got up to investigate.
it turned out to be the backing beats of the timbaland song morning after dark, playing on the stereo which my dad had turned on in the study room, across the house from my bedroom. and i couldn’t be bothered telling him to turn it down because i might have scared him.
last night i was raging about something to myself and i was going to blog it. but i kept on rebutting myself and i forgot what it was anyway. so, students, what does this prove?
– i rage too much
– i am too good at rebuts for my own good. i even reason with myself
– i have a VERY bad memory span.
gah, this stuff is so random and ragey and whiny.
sometimes i find it easier to talk to strangers than to people i know.
how old do you reckon the cookies are at cookie man? i mean, they make so many, i doubt they manage to sell them all. woah, can you imagine having to eat all the leftover cookies? you know they weigh the dough of each cookie? i watched one of the workers do it.
also, easyway is very very filling. and i think the general consensus within the easyway-consuming part of my family is that pearls>rainbow jelly. i’ve never tried any other topping other than pearls, because pearls are awesome! i called them ‘dinosaur poo’ to my brother so before he wouldn’t eat them. don’t worry, he eats them now.
now that i’m on a food tangent, things that taste very nice:
– chunky dips on toast (especially the one i’m eating right now, tomato+cashews+parmesan)
– french toast. my version is just egg and oil for frying, then honey drizzled on top. yummmm.
– frozen oranges. they don’t taste better or worse than fresh oranges, but are a nice frozen treat
– snickers sandwiches. hello? peanut butter+nutella spread. except if you put spread on your bread the way i do (i.e. very thick) it might taste too rich
– custard tarts. the world is split into two groups, those who like custard and those who think it’s disgusting glop. i’m definitely in the first category. and if you ever want to know what soured custard tastes like, it tastes EXACTLY like vomit. not that i’ve eaten vomit. like you people say something tastes like sawdust but they haven’t eaten sawdust before and nor have you.
-chinese radish cake. i’m not sure if that’s it’s name but the stuff that’s made of chinese oriental radishes, which i generally dislike, and sesame seeds and shallots and bits of meat and stuff, etc. i love this stuff though.
– white chicken feet. i’m on a yum-cha topic now.
okay. seeing as i’m in a typing frenzy (of a very fast estimate of twenty words a minute. shhh) here is bezzle’s lists regarding yum cha foods:
what i like:
– white chicken feet.
– spring rolls (but they differ slightly, some are better than others)
– fried tofu and eggplant in sauce
– fresh bean curd rolls
– milk flavoured crullers. and crullers are these delicious things, in case you didn’t know:
– mango pudding. it was nice the first time i tried it, but all other times made me feel nauseous. hope springs eternal that i’ll find another good one
what your parents will force on you:
– steamed beef meatballs
– prawn dumplings
– spinach dumplings
– chinese broccoli with oyster sauce
– i’m not sure what they’re called in english.
stuff you wish you could order:
– the battered and fried octopus legs
– the battered and fried chicken wings that look like they came from KFC